My brain is fried. Cliff notes tonight:
• The Chorale was incredible. That may be the first time we’ve had 2 standing o’s in one service!
• The Backpacks of Hope in the lobby look great.
• John and Debby left for Cincy today. I’m going up for the day on Tuesday.
• The Lighthouse, a ministry to health challenged kids, had their banquet at Stonecreek today. Several hundred people attended.
• BCS makes perfect sense. Georgia doesn’t play and drops in the polls. LSU jumps 5 spots in the BCS. Missouri gets left out altogether. Kansas loses to Missouri, but makes it in. Oh yeah, pass me that bottle of stupid.
• I actually like LSU. Grew up very close to Baton Rouge. Their argument is that they were undefeated in regulation – meaning they lost in overtime. I’m sure there is some team in the country that could make a similar argument. Try this one: we won the first quarter in every game. We were undefeated in the first quarter, we just lost the last 3 quarters of every game by 599 points. Puuhlease. Last time I checked, overtime determined the winner, that’s why they have overtime. What about the teams that actually WON 11 games in regulation!
• Georgia Tech still doesn’t have a football coach. Nebraska does. Ole Miss does. Is that good or bad?
• I started a story today by saying, “I married a girl whose father was an alcoholic.” That should have been said, “I officiated the marriage of a girl whose father was an alcoholic” (smile).
• Christmas Eve is going to be something special. I’m going to give some photo clues to our services over the next weeks. The first one is below. It may seem obvious, but it is not. Keep your guesses until you see more clues: